It's you I like
Today, I'm telling you about the documentary that left me in tears—no, that's the understatement of the century—I was ugly crying under the covers. A few weeks ago, I watched a documentary on Fred Rogers (popularly known as Mr. Rogers) and it moved me to my core. In this episode, I'll break down why it made me cry, sure, but, way more importantly, the questions it made me ask myself about my parenting and the way I'm living my life. Are we enough just as we are or are we supposed to improve ourselves? Listen to the episode to hear where I fall on this issue.
Links mentioned throughout the show:
- Documentary: Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- Book: Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth
- Article: More on Sister Joan Chittister
- "The contemplative life is not spiritual escapism." — Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B.
- "And so must we do whatever justice must be done in our own time if we’re going to claim to be serious about really sinking into the heart of God." — Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B.
- "If you knew how great is a mother's love, you would have no fear." — J.M. Barrie in his book, Peter Pan
- The best way you can support the show is by sharing this link to someone you know or on your favorite social media channel.
- Another great way to show your support is by leaving a review on iTunes (and hopefully a ★★★★★ rating?), which will help others like you find and enjoy the show, as well.
Special thanks to Mario Callejas for providing the music for the Kin show! Check out his music on Spotify.